How to Get Tested
Individuals can only be tested if they are referred for testing by a doctor and meet thecase criteria for person under investigation. You will be tested only if you meet the criteria, which includes having symptoms of a respiratory illness of recent or sudden onset. T
These are the Steps You Will Need to Follow:
- Consult with a doctor to complete the relevant forms.
- Find a convenient testing facility - either private or government.
- Take your forms with you to the testing facility.
- A throat and nasal swab will be taken.
- You need to self-isolate until your results are ready.
- Once your results are ready your doctor will be notified.
- Your doctor will then communicate the results and any next steps to you.
Treatment for Coronavirus
There are no specific antiviral treatments recommended for coronavirus disease.
Antibiotics do not help, as they do not work against viruses. The only thing that can beat the virus is your own immune system. Eat well and keep looking on the bright side.
Doctors can only offer treatment to relieve the symptoms while your body fights the illness. You can take over-the-counter medications if you have fever or pain. Use these according to the instructions on the packet or label and do not exceed the recommended dose. You should continue taking any other prescribed chronic medication.