How the Virus is Spread
Similar coronaviruses are spread in cough or sneeze droplets, as well as contact with contaminated surfaces, which makes hand washing so important
How to avoid catching or spreading COVID-19
- Wash your hands with soap and water often.
- Wash hands for at least 20 seconds.
- Use alcohol-based (>70%) hand sanitiser.
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue or a bent elbow.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or cloth.
- Do not cough or sneeze into your hands.
- Put used tissues in the bin immediately.
- Wash your hands afterwards.
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- Avoid regularly touching your face, nose or eyes.
Here are 7 Tips (in a 30 second video) to Help Protect Yourself