Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses found in many different species of animals, including camels, cattle, and bats.
While scientists are evaluating candidate therapies and vaccines to treat and prevent the novel coronavirus, currently there are no treatments or vaccines for COVID-19 approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. The best way to prevent infection is to avoid exposure to this virus.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in the US also recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of this and other respiratory viruses, including the following:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick, and keep children home from school when they are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
Here are some basic but very effective tips for looking after yourself :
- Make sure that your immune system is strong to avoid catching the virus.
- Don’t get caught-up in the anxiety and fear of the virus.
- Stay positive and optimistic.
- Stop or strongly limit your alcohol consumption.
- Stop or strongly limit the use of tobacco.
- Improve your diet with more fresh fruits and vegetables and fewer deep fried and processed foods.
- Do some mild-moderate exercise daily.
- Relax More. Practice Yoga, mindfulness, etc.
- Keep your digestion healthy and strong.
- Keep your elimination healthy.
- Sleep well and rest more.
If you have any concerns, see your Medical Doctor to get tested for Coronavirus. Early detection, treatment and monitoring may yield better results. Remember that this too shall pass. This is the epidemic of the year. Every few years a new microbe causes great challenges.
We have compiled some free Resources relating to COVID-19 for you, your family and employees – go and read more here.